RED PEPPER HUMMUS
Yield: about 4 to 6 servings
• 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
• 1 cup sauteed red peppers
• 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 3 to 4 cloves garlic
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• Salt and ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Rinse and drain 1 can of the chickpeas. Place drained chickpeas in a blender and add red peppers, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin. Process until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with parsley.
Serve hummus with pita chips arranged alongside.