Sunday, August 1, 2010

What's for Breakfast in Houston, Texas That Is




Recently visited the Breakfast Klub on Travis Street in Houston. (Spent my formative years in Houston and graduated from high school there.) My mom, who still lives in Houston, has long been bragging about going to the "Breakfast Klub" so I wanted to see what all the "hype" was about. She told me you have to get there early or there's a long line. I thought she was kidding. We went around 8 am on a Saturday and incredibly, just missed the crowd. Could there be anything worth standing in line for - outside on an extremely warm morning? Apparently Houstonians and some of their special guests think so.

The restaurant is known for its chicken wings and waffles combination, which I must admit was tasty, but I still don't know about that standing in line stuff. The biscuits were of the melt-in-your mouth variety and I believe I would take the biscuits over the waffles. Perhaps, it's more the novelty of it. I won't say I didn't enjoy the food... just still not convinced I'd wait outside in a line for it. But thank goodness for the restaurant - many of its regulars will and do.

I will say worth checking out for yourself - quaint little farmers market right next door and by quaint, I mean interesting, but small. Let me know if you've been to the "Klub."

No comments:

Post a Comment